20 Year Celebrations
Download Conference Weekend application form here
NOSAS started in 1998, see the About NOSAS tab. A lot has happened since! NOSAS now has more than 125 members, and provides a range of activities, meetings and archaeological projects. We thought it time to celebrate.
The focus of our proposed celebration will be the weekend of 23rd -25th March 2018. That weekend will include the following events. Please click on the links for more information.
- Friday afternoon – a guided walk in Inverness
- Friday evening presentation – Fraser Hunter, National Museums of Scotland: What did the Romans ever do for the Highlands?
- Saturday – a Conference in Inverness, see below. The aim of the conference is to review 20 years of Highland’s community archaeology, and to peer into the next 20 years. What will change? What will we be doing then?
- Details of the conference speakers can be found here.
- Saturday evening – a dinner in the Mercure Hotel, Inverness, a hotel where many people will be staying.
- Sunday – a guided field trip, in the company of Eve Boyle, HES, south of Inverness
Looking Backwards, Looking Forwards:
20 Years of NOSAS & Community Archaeology in the Highlands
Highland Council Chambers, Inverness
|Morning Session: Looking Backwards Chair - Roland Spencer-Jones, NOSAS|
|Afternoon Session: Looking Forwards Chair - Andy Heald, AOC|
In addition, NOSAS is undertaking a number of field trips towards a new publication called Old Routes through Highlands. You can read more details about the publication - here. There is a new blog post by Meryl on one of the proposed routes - Walking the old “Fish Road”: Aultguish Inn to Little Garve Bridge.